Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Panic Attacks Treatment: Seeing Dad

Finally got to go see Dad after nearly 2 months of being shoved off, scheduled
off, or sick. Mind you there are no recriminations, snotty huffing and puffing
for shove offs and schedule offs. Only if I'm the one that can't make it in.
Somehow the concept of 95 degrees with 75% humidity and being on oxygen does NOT
compute with Kiddo. She does as she pleases. Makes long trips to shopping
center (insidently driving within miles of my house to do so) for her user
"friends" and the "Freeloader", but I need something I have to beg and cajole.
Funny thing is is that I was the only one in the family that ever stood up for
her and she treats me like dirt. Everyone treated her like the child she acts
like or ignored her. I tried to njuture and encourage her strong points.


What set me off today was cursory inspection of the refrigerator. Boxes of
restaurant take away of indeterminate age. I guess I am supposed to ask a man
with memory loss when what was purchased or just feed him and see if it kills
him. Now what option would you all take?! Glad a brought him a watermelon
coolatta and a few donut holes for a snack! Never will she leave a note of when
she gave him his morning meds so that I can properly guage when his noon meds
are due. And she wants me to go up against the other sibs to get her utility
bills lowered ... mind you neither she or the freeloader pay rent. Yet he had
the audacity to suggest that I move back home while I have money to give to
Kiddo for the bills! She makes a big yahoo about he pays for the food. And
guards it like a starved rat too! Metes it out like we are on war rations!

Today he came in just as I was preparing to give Dad his noon meds then fix him
a sandwich. This was around 1:30 p.m. to put space between his meds. Well
Freeloader begins to say he likes soup, tomato soup (Yeah....Campbells high salt
50 cent stuff). He huffs when I say its too hot and that he'll make it
(yeah---earn your damned keep). I tell you you all would laugh half a bowl of
soup and half a sandwich (1 slice of bread, 1 slice of meat) (I could just hear
the song in my head "Hey big spender...what ya got cooking...") Then I hear him
quickly clean the dishes... My poor old father was abashed...even the shanty
Irish didn't pull that one! Serve one person while another waits. What point
is made by refusing someone (a blood relative is even worse) all of , oh maybe
$1.75 worth of food!?! Keep in mind these two make nearly $20 an hour full
time. And you begrudge someone a two bit meal?! Dad kept telling me to go make
myself a sandwich and I refused. Glad I ate before I went done.

Anyone want some relatives? These two are on special offer. Free. The old
man, I'm keeping! "Think of me" and hope I never have to go back...I'll have to
free-base every tranquilizer, mood stabilizer on the market!

No comments:

Post a Comment